Academy of Youth Diplomacy
The “Selet” Academy of Youth Diplomacy is a programme that supports young people and youth initiatives in the field of international cooperation. Currently it brings together more than 300 people who participate in international educational exchange programmes between the Republic of Tatarstan and the international community. As part of the Academy, there are six clubs: the clubs of the Council of Europe, of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, of the European Youth Parliament, of the United Nations, of BRICS, of economic diplomacy and the Community of Global Shapers.
The aim of the Academy is to develop multilateral cooperation of the youth of the Republic of Tatarstan with the international community and to organize systemic work on the development of international youth cooperation.
The main tasks of the Academy of Youth Diplomacy are:
- establishing systemic cooperation with international organizations and youth associations;
- organizing the participation of youth representatives of the Republic of Tatarstan in important international forums, summits and conferences;
- achieving external economic and social goals of the Republic of Tatarstan by means of youth contacts and the developing of youth diplomacy;
- developing social and applied diplomacy;
- promoting the positive image of the Republic of Tatarstan and its youth abroad.
The project participants are young leaders – Russian citizens, compatriots and international students aged between 14 and 30 years.